|Lace is romantic and feminine, but it can also be a little bit punk rock. What used to be reserved for grandma's doilies and gloves is now seen on everything from dresses and leggings to shoes and jeans, and everywhere in-between. Black lace is especially edgy, and reminds us of Madonna in her early-80's glory. Much like the current sequin trend, adding a bit of lace to your outfit gives it a modern, chic look. Lingerie-inspired looks don't have to be trashy - when done right they can become a perfect mix of feminine and tough. Try incorporating one lace element into your look at a time, that way it won't seem overdone.|
1) Alaia Floral Cut-Out Sandals, $648. Absolutely insane. Love 'em.
2) Lover Initiation Stretch Bodysuit, $425. This bodysuit provides a hint of lace peaking out from under blazers and sweaters.
3) Free People Metallic Lace Ruffle Top, $78. Frilly mixed with black lace and an exposed zipper - this is a great going out top. More info in a Skinnypurse write-up.
4) Costume Dept Gardenia Flower Lace Leggings, $36. Of the moment black lace pairs well with tunics, sweaters, skirts, etc.
5) LnA Lace Back Short Sleeve Tee, $94. An unexpected surprise is seen as you walk away.
6) Roberto Cavalli Lace Ankle Boots, $590. Feminine lace and black patent leather stiletto booties are equally as demure as they are rocker-chick.
7) Nathan Jenden Bengala Lace Dress, $742.50. A gorgeous lace dress begs to be worn to your next cocktail party.
8) Cheap Monday Black Lace Tight Jean, $65. Panels of black lace and exposed seams give these jeans an edgy look.
For more lingerie-inspired looks check out a past blog post.
What do you think about the lace trend?